The Sutton Health and Care Plan was initially published in 2019. It is an integral part of the “Ambitious for Sutton” Plan, and it is our strategy for working together to make system decisions on care that is ‘best for people’ based on the best use of the ‘Sutton £ (pound)’.
Our Health and Care Plan
The revised Sutton Health and Care Plan 2022-24 builds on our successes, considers the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and takes a fresh look at how we can continue to deliver the best care for our population.
Reflecting local population data and the views of residents, health and care professionals and partners, we have reviewed the priorities that were agreed in 2019 and our approach to working with local people to deliver our ambition to support our population to start well, live well and age well.
Following the refresh, the revised priorities are:
- We want to make sure all children are ready for school regardless of their socioeconomic status.
- We are developing a long-term strategy to improve young people’s mental health.
- We want to maximise chances for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability.
- We have developed a five-year strategy to offer the best possible services and support provided for adults with learning disabilities, encouraging independence and offering choice and control.
- We will take action to reduce stigma and normalise the promotion of good mental health, focusing on community assets and strengths, and the reduction of inequalities in mental wellbeing.
- Improve the support for people with a long-term physical health condition such as obesity and diabetes in areas of high deprivation in Sutton by using population health management.
- Through our frailty programme, we are developing a more joined up approach to all the services that support frail people in Sutton to improve care and maximise people’s independence.
The Sutton Health and Care Plan was formally adopted and approved by the Sutton Health and Wellbeing Board in March 2022 as the Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Sutton.