The Mental Health Matters event, which will be held on 8 March, 6-9pm at Coombe Girls School, will feature several clinical speakers who will each look at a different area of mental health, with talks covering areas such as dementia care, how people can support their mental wellbeing and mental health in children and young people.
The event is a collaboration between New Malden and Worcester Park Primary Care Network, Coombe Girls’ School and other mental health services.
PCN Clinical Director, Dr Nick Merrifield, is responsible for planning the event. He said: “We all know how important mental health is and we are starting to see that looking after it is as vital as our physical health. This event is targeted towards all of our local communities, with guest speakers covering topics that affect our young patients as well as our older population. It should be a great night and I look forward to seeing people there.”
This event is targeted towards all of our local communities, with guest speakers covering topics that affect our young patients as well as our older population. It should be a great night and I look forward to seeing people there.”Dr Nick Merrifield, Kingston GP
Before and after the talks there will be an opportunity for those attending to enjoy some refreshments and talk to the speakers directly.
- Dr Nihara Krause, Clinical Psychologist and Founder & CEO of Stem4
- Dr Nick Merrifield, Clinical Director of NMWP PCN, Kingston GP
- Ms Tabitha Colenso, School Mental Health Lead and Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
- Dr David Somerfield, Consultant psychiatrist specialising in memory disorders.
- Miss Elena Bantoft, Assistant Psychologist
- Dr Rachel Tucker, Head of Psychology and Psychotherapies for CAMHS and all Age Adult Eating Disorders
- Ms Annette Brown, Teacher and Community Learning Manager at Kingston Adult Education.
- Ms Cherry Rudge Trustee of FastMinds and Professional Hoarding Practitioner