Book your placeBook your tickets
We are hosting a free three day online Quality Improvement (QI) Conference for up to 500 staff from health and care partners across South West London.
This conference is being support by Q, a community of thousands of people across the UK and Ireland, collaborating to improve the safety and quality of health and care. Q is delivered by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by partners across the UK and Ireland. Find out more on the Q website.
This conference will facilitate regional learning from quality improvement programmes and projects that target the priorities of the model health system and patient safety. It will also support candidates to learn, connect and collaborate through an interactive virtual platform.
NHS England’s Model Health System data highlights significant opportunities within South West London to improve productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, safety and quality of care.
Our QI Conference will further facilitate networking and collaboration for our health and care partners. Attendees will also be able to:
- Model successes.
- Share learning and experiences.
- Facilitate system-wide spread of best practices.
- Prevent unnecessary duplication of quality improvement projects.
Agenda and speakers
Day one – Tuesday 27 June
- 9am – Welcome and event kick off – Sarah Blow, Chief Executive, South West London Integrated Care System
- 9.15am – The NHS Improvement Framework – Kathryn Perera, Director of Improvement, NHS England
- 11am – Category Presentations: QI Culture
- 12pm – Enhancing Generalist Skills – Dr Ruth Silverton, National Enhance Clinical Fellow, Health Education England
- 3pm – Category Presentations: Staff Wellbeing, Recruitment and Retention
Day two – Wednesday 28 June
- 9am – Population Health and Reducing Health Inequalities – Catherine Heffernan, Director of Health Improvement, NHS South West London ICB
- 11am – Category Presentations: Population Health and Reducing Health Inequalities
- 12pm – Facilitated Open Space Session – Robin Davis, Director, Coach and Facilitator for Healthcare Quality Improvement and Change Management, NHS Elect
- 3pm – Category Presentations: Flow and Discharge
Day three – Thursday 29 June
- 9am – Patient Safety – Marsha Jones, Deputy Chief Nurse, Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- 11am – Category Presentations: Patient Safety
- 12pm – An Inquiry into Presence and Practice in a Connected World – Dr Mark Cole, System Leadership Development Senior Manager, NHS Leadership Academy
We will have poster presentations for the following categories:
- Population Health and Reducing Healthcare Inequalities Award
- Patient Safety Award
- Flow and Discharge Award
- Staff Wellbeing, Recruitment and Retention
- A QI Culture Award
An expert panel of judges from outside of South West London ICS will review and judge all entries. The the top three projects from each category being invited to present their work at the conference.